Celebrate innovative and entrepreneurial thinking in this day-long conference
- Program details When: Oct 27, 2023
Who: Middle and Highschool Students
Location: Richardson Design Center
Love innovation? Love entrepreneurship? Love seeing new ideas come to life? If so, you don’t want to miss this unique high energy event that will SPARK your inner-creative to solve real-world problems and take your ideas to new heights. Love innovation? Love entrepreneurship? Love seeing new ideas come to life? If so, you don’t want to miss this unique high energy event that will SPARK your inner-creative to solve real-world problems and take your ideas to new heights.
This one-day student conference is part hackathon, part design- thinking workshop, and part entrepreneurship fundamentals. You'll participate in ENGAGING, HANDS-ON, activities led by successful individuals who will teach you the ins and outs of turning things that you are passionate about into a viable business. At the end of the day you'll have all the tools and knowledge needed to pitch the OtterCares Foundation for money to fund new startup businesses or school clubs focused on entrepreneurship.
- Learn how to center your ideas around real customer needs.
- Hack a problem and turn it into a brilliant prototyped solution.
- Express your creative ingenuity by designing and fabricating your own T-shirt
- Learn to interview, pitch, and get the tools to take your ideas to the next level!
- Learn how to video pitch Otter Cares for Seed Funding to start your own business venture!
Students may come solo, as a club, or part of a class. If coming as part of a class, educators please note each school has a limit of 10 participants.
Limited individual scholarships are available. Groups of 5 or more may be eligible for a 25% off discount. Email Hope Parker for more information.