To apply, students must be 15 years old by September 15, 2020 and a high school freshman, sophomore or junior
Admission is competitive. We take a holistic approach to consider academic excellence, demonstrated leadership and community service.
For a smooth application process, please gather all of the required materials below before you begin the application form. Once you start your application, you will NOT be able to save your progress and return to the form.
Use the Following Steps to Prepare to Apply
Step 1: Gather and Rename Required Application Documents
A. Write a one- to two-page personal statement responding to the following:
- Why do you want to participate in the Global Business Academy?
- What unique attributes do you think you have and can contribute to the program?
- Tell us about yourself and your family.
- Save your personal statement using your first initial and last name. For example: ESmith_personalstatement.docx
B. Obtain your most recent academic transcript. Save your transcript using your first initial and last name. For example: ESmith_transcript.docx
C. Request one letter of recommendation. Save your Letter of Recommendation using your first initial and last name. For example: ESmith_recommendation.pdf
- The letter of recommendation should be written by a teacher, counselor, coach, mentor, clergyman, or someone who can attest to your character and what you can contribute to Global Business Academy. If your high school policy doesn’t allow you to upload the letter of recommendation from your teacher, counselor, coach, etc., then please have them send it to this email address: email@example.com
D. Demonstrate English Proficiency: If English is not your first language, please download this document. Print, sign, upload, and save the document using your first initial and last name. For example: ESmith_englishproficiency.docx
Step 2: Submit Your Application
Complete the Academy Application by filling out the required form fields and uploading the documents you gathered in step one.
If you are affiliated with a corporate sponsor, include any scholarship promo codes (do not submit an additional scholarship form).
Step 3: Apply For Scholarships
If you do not have a promo code from a corporate sponsor and have financial need, you can apply for a Global Business Academy scholarship. See the application page for additional details and to download the scholarship form.
International Students (Non-U.S. Citizens or Non-U.S. Permanent Residents)
Travel documentation requirements: Apply for your B-1/B-2 or visitor visa early as it can be a time-consuming and lengthy process. Contact a representative from your local embassy to determine the proper documentation and steps. Please note, this program does not qualify students for a student visa.
Minimum language requirement: All classes and activities will be conducted in English. We are unable to provide English as a Second Language (ESL) support. If English is a student's second language, please complete the Demonstration of English Proficiency (Word) and upload it with your application.