- One-page personal statement
- One letter of recommendation
- School transcript
- Completed application form
- Admissions review and video interview
Admission into the College of Business Global Business Academy is competitive. We take a holistic approach to student applications and consider academic excellence along with demonstrated leadership experiences and community service commitments. You must be at least 15 years old by July 8, 2018, and be enrolled in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in Fall 2018.
How Do I Apply?
Submit your information and attachments using the online application by June 1. The Global Business Academy operates on a "rolling admissions" basis, which means that applications are reviewed as they are received. You should expect a decision within two to three weeks of submitting your application. We are accepting 40 students, and we highly recommend you apply early.
Required with Application
Applicants must complete the online application and pay a $50 application fee. Additional documents that must be uploaded via the link on the left side of the application page include:
- A one- to two-page essay stating why you meet the qualifications and are interested in the Global Business Academy
- High school transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable) or current report card
- One-page letter of recommendation (can be from a teacher, coach, mentor, or family relative)
- International students: Please upload your documentation supporitng the miniumum language requirement as explained below.
International Students (Non-U.S. Citizens or Non-U.S. Permanent Residents)
Travel documentation requirements: Apply for your B-1/B-2 or visitor visa early as it can be a time-consuming and lengthy process. Contact a representative from your local embassy to determine the proper documentation and steps. Please note, this program does not qualify students for a student visa.
Minimum language requirement: All classes and activities will be conducted in English. We are unable to provide ESL (English as a Second Language) support. For students whose first language is not English and have taken the TOEFL exam, the minimum required scores are 80 for the Internet-based TOEFL and 6.5 for the IELTS test.
For International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Placement (AP), or Cambridge International Exams (CIE) students, TOEFL exam requirements can be waived.
If none of the above applies, please complete the Demonstration of English Proficiency (Word) and upload it with your application.