Join other top students and distinguished CSU and INSEAD faculty members in this immersive, two-week program on Colorado State University’s beautiful campus. The activities and highly challenging courses will increase student’s exposure to international business and develop core business skills including: international business, leadership and team building, cross-cultural communication, entrepreneurship, decision making, negotiation, ethics, financial literacy, and innovation.
What You'll Learn and Do
During the program, you will participate in a variety of team-building exercises on the CSU mountain campus bordering Rocky Mountain National Park, visit local companies, and receive informal mentoring and coaching from business executives and University admissions professionals.
- Experience our interactive business simulation game and gain insights about leadership and team dynamics while learning what it takes to run a business.
- Attend lectures and presentations taught by world-class faculty from Colorado State University including the College of Business, College of Agriculture Sciences, College of Natural Resources, as well as visiting faculty from INSEAD and other guest speakers.
- Build your leadership and critical thinking skills while experiencing the beauty of Colorado State University's Mountain campus and the City of Fort Collins' innovation and entrepreneurial hub.
- Visit business enterprises and interact with successful leaders across multiple industries, such as media, health care, finance, retail, and more.
- Engage with business executives, faculty, and College of Business advisors in small group college and career coaching sessions.
- Learn about the role of business in a broad spectrum of disciplines such as engineering, natural resources, tourism, agriculture, and technology.
- Participate in outdoor field trips, attend a Colorado Rockies baseball game, and engage in other local activities throughout the two weeks.
A Typical Day
|7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
|8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
||Day's agenda/recap and academy course
|10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
|10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
|1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
|3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
|3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
|6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
||Social, networking, and teamwork activities such as Colorado Rockies baseball game, Lagoon Concert, keynote speakers
|10 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
||Back to rooms and lights out
"The Global Business Academy provides an authentic college experience for high school students to learn about how business can create a better world.
This is an amazing, immersive experience that brings day-to-day business interactions to life through simulated games, connections with global executives and world-renowned faculty, and offers many teambuilding and self-discovery activities. It’s a great way for a high school student to start preparing for college and enhance their application."
- Dean Beth Walker, CSU College of Business
We thank the following organizations for their generous support in helping create tomorrow's global leaders.