Interested in making a difference with business? Want to learn how to connect your passion and purpose to a new business or transform how business is done? Attend the First Generation Business Summit from July 22 - July 27.
Who Should Attend
If you’re the first in your family to go to college and interested in business, this summit is for you! Whether you want to be a CEO, own a business or are still figuring out your path, this week long experience will help you learn about what business means, connect with our CSU community and make a few friends along the way.
Get the College of Business Experience
Stay overnight in a CSU residence hall on campus and eat in our dining centers as you learn the skills that will transform how business is done. Work alongside other first-generation students and College of Business faculty as you get valuable experience.
- Program Details When: July 22 - July 27, 2024
Where: CSU College of Business
Application Deadline: April 22
Campus and Fort Collins Site Visits
Travel within Fort Collins to get an up-close look at how local businesses solve production and distribution challenges.
Case Study Competition
Throughout the week, you'll work to develop a presentation and participate in a case study competition. Students will be broken up into teams and tasked to create a business that makes the world a better place. Students will pitch their idea to a mock board of investors for a grant of $100,000 to invest in their new company. Teams that finish in the top three receive prizes!
Connecting with Current CSU Students
Engage with summit mentors and current CSU students who are also first generation college students. Participants will get to know their mentors, hear about their college search and discover why they chose CSU.
Prepare for Your Future College Experience
By the end of the week, you'll have learned about:
- The programs offered here at the College of Business and the requirements to complete the undergraduate degree
- The different career paths that are possible within the 10 business concentrations at the College
- How to be successful in college as a First Generation College Student
- What resources are available at CSU and how to successfully navigate them
- How to work effectively in a team
- How to take part in a case study competition
- How to present as a team to a large audience
When is the Summit?
Students will check in on Monday, July 22, 2024 at 10 am and students will check out on Saturday, July 27, 2024.
What Should You Bring
- Clothes for one week
- A weather appropriate jacket
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A water bottle
- Toiletries: tooth brush, toothpaste, shower caddy, body wash, face wash, etc.
- Any medication you’ll need for the week
How to Register
Fill out the application by April 22.
Frequently Asked Questions