Join the Everitt Real Estate Center, the University of Colorado-Boulder and the University of Denver, at this co-hosted annual case competition.
The CSU Everitt Real Estate Center partnered with the University of Colorado-Boulder and the University of Denver to co-host an annual case competition. This case study is centered on a specific retail commercial development site. CSU College of Business majors and minors who are currently enrolled or have completed upper-level course work are welcome to participate. Finance and real estate students as well as real estate minors are strongly encouraged to apply. The team will consist of 4-5 students.
Applications open on Monday, Sep 12, 2022 and are due on or before midnight on Friday, Oct 7, 2022. A completed application is required to enter.
Selected individuals will be notified via email on or before Tuesday, Oct 18, 2022.
Schedule for this event is as follows:
- Friday, Oct 28 (8am MST): Case released via email to teams; teams expected to work on case for next 5 days
- Wednesday, Nov 2 (3pm MST): PowerPoint, Excel workbooks and executive summary electronic files delivered to host school event coordinator no later than 3 pm MST
- Friday, Nov 4: Competition hosted at the University of Denver - Daniels College of Business at 9am with presentations and awards; (finished before lunch)
Applications require the following written components:
- A brief statement of interest (minimum 50 words)
- A response to the essay prompt: Briefly discuss areas of strength that you would bring to a team competition, and what you hope to achieve from this experience.
Application questions regarding student identity information will be open-ended and voluntary, reviewed by the selection committee for the sole purpose of building a diverse and inclusive team.
Questions regarding the competition should be directed to Hilary Klein, at or (970) 491-1670.
Thank you for your application and interest in being part of this very exciting competition!