The College of Business Fall Commencement will take place at Moby Arena December 20 at 3:30 p.m. Doors will open one hour before the start of the ceremony. Building entrance details can be found in the Moby Arena Guest Entrance Map. Tickets are not required for the fall 2019 College of Business Commencement Ceremony. Seating is first come, first served. For the latest details check the university's commencement page.
- Clear bag policy: For enhanced security, a clear bag policy will be enforced by security at Moby Arena.
- Security Screening: All graduates and guests are required to go through a metal detector when entering the Moby Complex.
- Water bottle policy: Plastic, disposable and crushable bottles, empty and without a cap are permissible.
Plan your visit
Parking: Moby Arena is on the northwest side of the main campus. The Moby parking lot, off Shields and Plum streets, will be open for students and guests. Parking is not allowed in the specific permit spaces in front of the “Fum” McGraw Building, nor in loading zones. Additional information regarding parking can be obtained from Commencement and Commissionings Parking.
Wheelchair/limited mobility: Ushers will be present to provide assistance. Wheelchair pads are available at the west end of the arena. Those with limited mobility should sit in the first two rows of the concourse level. The University cannot provide wheelchairs.
Sign language: Guests needing sign language interpretation should sit on the south concourse in Section P for a clear view of the interpreters. Students needing sign language interpretation should contact Mike Jaramillo at (970) 491-4650 for more information.
Inclement weather: In the event of inclement weather, please call (970) 491-SNOW (7669) for updates on the university’s operating status and news of any closures or cancellations.
Lodging and restaurant info: Please see the Visit Fort Collins website for more information on guest accommodations and restaurant reservations while visiting Fort Collins.
Webcast: Livestreaming webcasts of the college ceremonies will be available.
- Cap and gown:
- Orders: Order your cap, gown, and tassel (regalia) in advance online, starting in September, at https://alumni.colostate.edu/grad-packs/. Online regalia ordering begins Tuesday, September 3, 2019. The deadline to order is October 28. You will rent your gown but purchase the cap and tassel to keep.
- Honors: If you anticipate graduating as an undergraduate with academic distinction (summa cum laude, magna cum laude or cum laude), or from the University Honors Program, place a regular regalia order. Once the academic distinction and/or Honors distinction is confirmed by the Registrar’s Office, you will receive an email. Present a copy of that email to the regalia vendor, and they will provide you the appropriate colored gown.
- Pickup: Students may pick up their regalia At Grad Fest in the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center Thursday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Friday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.; December 19 - 20. A photo ID is required for pick-up.
- Wearing your regalia: Tassels are worn on the left side; your mortarboard cap should be worn level and not decorated. Honor society cords may be worn.
- Alumni Association: As a new graduate, you have the opportunity to join the CSU Alumni Association at a reduced rate. Membership in the Alumni Association is not required to rent the cap and gown.
- Undergraduate career survey: Watch for an email and give us your feedback on your post-graduation plans. Completing the survey prior to the day of commencement saves you time.
- Commencement check-in (Day of ceremony): On December 20, arrive in the Auxiliary Gym (south east corner of the Moby complex – this is the only entrance graduates will be allowed to use) no later than 2:30 pm. Once inside the Auxiliary Gym, pick up your name card and and follow signs to join the other graduates in your program of study. All graduates will be individually recognized as they cross the stage. Visit www.commencement.colostate.edu for the complete commencement schedule.
- Wheelchair/limited mobility and sign language: Graduates who personally need wheelchair seating or sign language interpretation should contact Mike Jaramillo at (970) 491-4650.
- Photographs: GradImages will be the onsite photographer at most ceremonies (excluding ROTC Commissionings). You can review photos for purchase online the week after commencement at www.gradimages.com. Or, if you would like to receive an e-mail when your graduate’s photos are available, please visit http://www.gradimages.com/Preregistration.
- Diploma covers: Graduates receive a diploma cover at commencement. The actual diploma will be mailed to graduates approximately eight weeks after commencement. For those unable to attend the ceremony, diploma covers are available at the Registrar’s Office (at no charge) but if you prefer to have a cover mailed, simply submit a Diploma Request Form (found on the CSU Registrar’s Office website) to email@example.com. Note that $5.00 per cover is required to cover the postal fee for U.S. addresses.
- Decorum: Please remember this is a public event, reflecting upon you as an individual and upon Colorado State University. Alcoholic beverages and inappropriate substances or objects are not allowed in Moby Arena. This ceremony is the capstone of the academic experience for you, other students, and family and friends. Your recognition of the rights of others to enjoy the ceremony free from disruptive or otherwise inappropriate behavior is appreciated and expected.
- Announcements and class rings: Representatives from CB Grad Announcements (announcements) and Josten’s (class rings) will be on campus in the Lory Student Center Flea Market area (outside the University Bookstore) to take advanced, customized orders. The Graduation Day F.A.Q. page for specific Grad Fair dates. Nonpersonalized announcements may be purchased at the University Bookstore anytime.
- Creating your own: If you choose to create your own invitations and want to include information about your degree, please follow these guidelines:
Undergraduate Students: The degree awarded is the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in (insert Accounting, Marketing, etc.).
Graduate Students: Degrees awarded will be the Master of Business Administration; Master of Accountancy; Master of Computer Information Systems; and Master of Finance.
- Inclement weather: In the event of inclement weather, please call (970) 491-SNOW (7669) for updates on the University’s operating status and news of any closures or cancellations.
Please call Mike Jaramillo at (970) 491-4650 if you have questions.
Moby ArenaMoby Arena, 951 W Plum St, Fort Collins, CO