How to get your real estate license
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with a Real Estate or Finance-Real Estate Concentration from the CSU College of Business is a major step in your education path toward a real estate career.
To become a licensed realtor in Colorado the following requirements must be met:
- Successfully complete approved 168-hour pre-licensing course and proof of completion (a degree from Colorado State University with a concentration in real estate or finance-real estate satisfies this).
- Take and pass both national and state portions of the Colorado Real Estate Broker’s exam, which is administered by PSI. This exam consists of an 80-question national portion with a 120-minute time allowance and a 74-question State portion with a 110-minute time allowance.
- Submit fingerprint background check to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- Acquire Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance
- Complete the online license application form with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies
To sit for the real estate license examination:
- Obtain proof of completion from the real estate school where you completed your education. A bachelor’s degree or higher from Colorado State University with a concentration in real estate or finance-real estate satisfies this.
- If you intend on qualifying based on a degree with a major course of study in real estate, obtain an official transcript from the accredited college or university you attended.
- If you are applying under Colorado’s limited recognition agreements, you must provide a certified license history from each jurisdiction in which you hold a license.
Visit the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies for more details.
The CE Shop
If you want help passing your real estate exam, the Everitt Real Estate Center has partnered with The CE Shop to offer a one-stop-shop education platform featuring Pre-Licensing, Exam Prep, Post-Licensing and Continuing Education packages for all 50 states and D.C.
The Everitt Real Estate Center and CE Shop site offers a free 5-day trial, 100% online courses for flexibility and a pass or don’t pay guarantee that covers the cost of your exam if you don’t succeed.
Whether you’re looking to get started as an agent or are a tried-and-true veteran, The CE Shop offers award-winning courses and Agent Essential resources to help you meet your requirements while supporting you in your career.