Cultivate your entrepreneurial spirit and take part in our programming and workshops
The College of Business Institute for Entrepreneurs wants to help students and community members take their good ideas and make them into a reality. Our 3 stage Venture Development Platform gives you all the tools you need to get your idea to market.
Stage 1: Venture Validator
The Venture Validator is the starting blocks for your entrepreneurial venture. This cohort-based program takes you through all the steps to get your venture off the ground and figure out if there’s a real opportunity there. The Validator is a 2-week 4 session program where you will:
- Understand who your customer is and what drives their decision making.
- Clarify your value proposition and know exactly what problem you’re solving and how.
- Build out a business model, identifying all the components needed to have a sustainable business.
- Learn how to build your Minimum Viable Product/Prototype.
- Develop your competitive landscape and see how you differentiate.
- Learn from successful entrepreneurs and mentors as they guide you on your journey.
Stage 2: Venture Jumpstart
The Venture Jumpstart is all about getting your venture to market. This is a six-week program where entrepreneurs come together twice per week to learn about – and take – the concrete steps needed to begin their business operations. In the Venture Jumpstart program you turn you venture into an actual company and build your go to market strategy, including your first pitch! In the Jumpstart you will:
- Create your Articles of Incorporation & Incorporate
- Create your marketing plan, including your website, branding, and marketing assets
- Build out your financial projections and pricing
- Create your short- and long-term goals for success, including identifying key performance indicators
- Develop your sales plan and go-to-market strategies
- Collaborate with entrepreneurs and mentors through masterminds and 1:1 mentorship
Stage 3: Venture RAMS
After successful completion of Venture Validator and Venture Jumpstart, our ventures have the opportunity to become part of the Venture RAMS mentorship program which includes:
- Personalized 1:1 mentorship with our dedicated and experienced mentors and industry professionals
- Access to the Venture RAMS Venture Studios, a facility designed to allow our ventures to work together and thrive
- Opportunity to pitch your venture and build industry connections
Venture Works is a startup-focused workshops to help grow CSU affiliates and Colorado community members existing ventures and introduce new entrepreneurial skill sets. Students gain hands-on training in high impact entrepreneurship, explore business resources and tools, utilize design thinking and lean agile models, and more!
Pivot Larimer County
Small businesses have a big impact on their local communities. Recent global events have impacted locally owned businesses in a variety of ways. To help businesses meet these challenges, stay nimble in the face of adversity and develop new strategies, the College of Business, Institute for Entrepreneurship and Larimer county have partnered to offer the Pivot program.
Through a series of informative and collaborative sessions led by business leaders and College of Business faculty, business owners and managers will be introduced to new concepts and strategies that can help their businesses recover and thrive.