Social Distancing and Learning
We look forward to holding classes in healthy environments that allow you to learn most efficiently. The College of Business understands many of our students perform best when placed in a traditional classroom setting, while others would prefer to limit physical contact with faculty and their peers as much as possible. The Fall 2020 semester has been restructured to balance these needs as much as possible.
- Providing an exceptional learning experience is our priority: Consistent with social distancing and other recommended health protocols, large enrollment classes have been moved online while smaller classes, in most cases, will be delivered in large capacity classrooms using a hybrid (a blend of in-person and online) or in-person formats. Regardless of the delivery format, we are committed to creating an engaging learning experience for our students.
- Expanded video capabilities: Every classroom in Rockwell and Rockwell West is equipped with video cameras that allow students to participate in lectures in real time. When livestreamed doesn’t work for students, theymay receive permission from instructors to view the lecture as on-demand video.
- Canvas will continue to be the central access point for all courses: Starting in fall, all courses are created in a common template to simplify navigation to materials, departmental resources and more from the course homepage.
Public Health Precautions
- Before returning to campus, students should familiarize themselves with precautions and preparations necessary for a healthy return at the University's Pre-Semester Public Health Precautions page, including monitoring themselves for symptoms before arriving on campus.
- Prevention is critical to maintaining a healthy campus. Students are expected to ahere to the University's Public Health Precautions throughout the semester.