Social Distancing and Learning
We look forward to holding classes in healthy environments that allow you to learn most efficiently. The College of Business understands many of our students perform best in a traditional classroom setting, whereas others would prefer to limit physical contact with faculty and their peers as much as possible. The Fall 2020 semester has been restructured to balance these needs as much as possible.
- Providing an exceptional learning experience is our priority: Where possible, courses will be delivered in large-capacity classrooms using an in-person or a hybrid format (a blend of in-person and synchronous online instruction). The College is placing strong emphasis on creating face-to-face learning opportunities for graduate students, but regardless of the delivery format, we are committed to creating an engaging experience.
- International students: Students who are unable to travel to campus will be able to complete their fall courses online. All College of Business courses will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing, and some courses can be livestreamed so you can attend and participate in live lectures.
- Expanded video capabilities: Every classroom in Rockwell and Rockwell West is equipped with video cameras that allow students to participate in lectures in real time. When livestreaming doesn’t work for students, they may receive permission from instructors to view the lecture as on-demand video.
- Canvas will continue to be the central access point for all courses: Instructional services worked over the summer to create a common experience in Canvas to make using the platform easier and more intuitive.
Public Health Precautions
- Before returning to campus, students should familiarize themselves with precautions and preparations necessary for a healthy return at the University's Pre-Semester Public Health Precautions page, including monitoring themselves for symptoms before arriving on campus.
- Prevention is critical to maintaining a healthy campus. Students are expected to ahere to the University's Public Health Precautions throughout the semester.