The Rocky Mountain Investment Challenge is returning to Colorado State University’s College of Business!
About the Rocky Mountain Investment Challenge
In this Challenge, teams of undergraduate students prepare and present a stock pitch to a panel of judges chosen from the financial industry. Students choose any publicly traded firm and conduct a thorough valuation on the company in line with best industry practices. This analysis includes an investment thesis, industry analysis, financial analysis that includes relative and absolute valuation of the security and a buy/sell/hold recommendation.
First-, second- and third-place teams will receive cash prizes of $10,000, $5,000 and $2,500, respectively. The prize money will go directly to the students of the winning teams.
The competition, held on CSU’s Fort Collins campus, is open to all undergraduate college students in the country. Students participating in the Challenge apply what they’ve learned in the classroom about investment to real-world firms. The Challenge will help students gain valuable experience, build their resumes and provide networking opportunities.
To learn more about what it’s like to prepare for and participate in the Challenge, check out this video from the finance and real estate department’s Frank Smith.
Apr 14, 6 pm
Apr 15, 7:30 am - 3 pm
- Teams are responsible for their own transportation to and from Fort Collins, Colo.
- A block of hotel rooms near CSU’s campus is available at a reduced rate for the nights of Apr 14 and 15.
- Team members will be provided access to computers in the presentation rooms. Slide decks are due 30 minutes after market close on Apr 14.
- Professional dress attire is required.
- If your school or program requires fiscal assistance to attend the competition, please reach out to Hilla.Skiba@colostate.edu or Frank.Smith@colostate.edu.