Interested in making a difference with business? Want to learn how to connect your passion and purpose to a new business or transform how business is done? Attend the First Generation Business Summit from July 25 - 29.
Who Should Attend
If you’re the first in your family to go to college and interested in business, this summit is for you! Whether you want to be a CEO, own a business or are still figuring out your path, this week long experience will help you learn about what business means, connect with our CSU community and make a few friends along the way.
Get the College of Business Experience
Stay overnight in an air-conditioned CSU residence hall on campus and eat in our dining centers as you learn the skills that will transform how business is done. Work alongside other first-generation students and College of Business faculty as you get valuable experience.
- Program details When: July 25 - July 29, 2022
Where: CSU College of Business
Application Deadline: Applications are now being considered on a case by case basis.
Campus and Fort Collins site visits
Travel within Fort Collins to get an up-close look at how local businesses solve production and distribution challenges.
Case Study Competition
Participate in a case study competition that they work on throughout the week. Students will be broken up into teams and their task is to create a business that makes the world a better place. Students will pitch a mock board investors for a grant of $100,000 to invest in their new company. Teams that finish in the top three receive prizes!
Connecting with current CSU Students
Engage with summit mentors, current CSU students who are also first generation college students. Participants will get to know their mentors, hear about their college search and discover why they chose CSU.
Prepare for your future college experience
By the end of the week, you'll have learned about:
- The programs offered here at the College of Business and the requirements to complete that degree
- The different career paths that are possible within the 10 business concentrations at the College
- How to be successful in college as a First Generation College Student
- What resources are available at CSU and how to successfully navigate them
- How to work effectively in a team
- How to take part in a case study competition
- How to present as a team to a large audience
When is the Summit?
Students will check in on Monday, July 25, 2022 between 10 am-noon and students will check out on Friday, July 29, 2022, at 2 pm.
What should you bring
- Clothes for one week
- A jacket
- Shoes that you can walk in
- A water bottle
- Toiletries: tooth brush, toothpaste, shower caddy, body wash, face wash, etc.
- Any medication you’ll need for the week
How to Register
Students must complete the application here in order to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions