How to create, manage, and lead high-performing teams
High-performing teams power organizational success, but they’re not a fluke; they are a result of the right team composition, strong team dynamics, and team leadership. Knowing how to assemble and lead an organizational team takes knowledge, training, and experience – all of which this course offers. This two-day interactive experience combines case studies, real-world examples of leadership practices, group discussions, and leadership self-assessments with experiential activities to help you create, manage, and lead organizational teams.
Benefit to Participants
- Understand the importance of teams to organizational success.
- Recognize the characteristics of a high performing team and understand what features to consider when building teams, including virtual teams.
- Deepen knowledge of how your personal style and behaviors affect team performance as a leader and as a team member.
- Learn how to create a common vision and gain the commitment needed in exceptional teams.
- Gain the ability to design processes to motivate and reinforce positive team performance.
- Leverage your inherent leadership skills to influence others within your team.
- Develop a personal leadership development plan.
Who Should Attend
- Current team leaders
- Leaders of on-site and remote teams
- Managers and directors charged with creating value for the organization
- Managers and directors charged with leading and managing change
- Individuals on organizational teams with aspirations of being leaders of exceptional teams
Building and Managing a High Performance Team
- What shapes high-performance within teams?
- How does team composition lead to a successful team? Who should be on the team?
- How to improve team dynamics: effective team communication and cross-team coordination.
- Recognize and practice how to minimize derailing conflict and cultivate “good” conflict.
- Appreciate best practices of how organizational teams adapt through case study analyses.
- Anticipate the nuances inherent in virtual teams within organizations.
Improving Your Leadership Style to Create Team Success
- Which leader behaviors influence team performance?
- Learn more about personal leadership style through leadership assessments.
- The importance of adaptive leadership
- Team leader communication
- Learn personal inherent leadership skills and develop a plan to improve them.
- Which processes motivate and reinforce positive behavior and performance in teams?
May 10-11, 2018
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
CSU College of Business in Fort Collins, CO
Oct. 4-5, 2018
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
CSU Denver Center in Denver
$1,800 – includes tuition, continental breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks, and educational materials.
Contact us for group or alumni discounts.
M. Travis Maynard, Ph.D.
Brandy Hodgson, Ph.D.