Work with entrepreneurs to develop an innovative vision for new technology
Music business and the creator economy
- Program details When: July 19 - July 23, half days 9 am – 1 pm MT
Where: In our own backyard via Zoom
Who: High school students (15-18 years old)
Application Deadline: July 2, 2021
Cost: $299 per student, limited scholarships available
What you'll learn and do
Learn alongside other students as you work with College of Business and CSU faculty members, as well as music industry innovators and leaders. Throughout this week-long course, you’ll develop business fundamentals, engage with leadership and team management concepts, explore the creator and attention economies, participate in case studies of popular platforms like Tik Tok, Spotify and Patreon, and develop a business pitch.
Program at a glance
- Learn the ins and outs of the music business and explore the ways innovators are shaking things up and creating change.
- Work with business industry professionals - hear their stories, learn from their experiences and work with them to understand how you can enter this dynamic field.
- Build your business skills and tie your passions to the creator economy. You’ll have the opportunity to investigate trends and innovate your business model.
- Work with a mentor to practice and refine your pitch and pitch deck.
- Deliver a business pitch to professionals and music industry insiders and get useful feedback that you can apply to your idea.
Program tuition cost for all 5 days: $299
Included in the cost:
- All program fees
- Welcome pack featuring a t-shirt, innovation notebook and pen