When you're ready to apply to the College of Business Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise MBA, we're here to help. We want your application process to be smooth and successful, so please reach out to us.
Eligibility and Requirements
Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise MBA applicants generally must meet or exceed the following criteria:1
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year institution in any field with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Satisfactory GMAT or GRE scores2
- At least two years of work experience is greatly preferred
- International applicants: Internet-based3 TOEFL score of 86 or higher, or an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher, or a PTE score of 58 or higher
1. While we encourage our students to meet the minimum criteria, failure to meet one may be offset by strengths in other areas, as determined by the Graduate Program Committee.
2. The average GMAT score of our students is 550. The test must have been taken within the past five years. If you take the GMAT or GRE more than once, only the top score is taken into consideration.
3. Other testing formats may be accepted. Please contact us for information.
For fall admission:
Feb. 1 for early applicants
May 1 for all remaining applicants
Please be aware that financial aid deadlines
may occur before
the application for admission deadlines.
The time it takes to complete the application process mostly depends on how long it takes you to gather your materials. Completing your portion quickly will allow us to give you a decision sooner. The information below should help you with the application process, but please contact us if you have any questions.
We accept applications for fall admission only. The early application deadline is Feb. 1 and the final application deadline is May 1. We strongly suggest that you not wait until the deadline, but submit your application well in advance. Admissions are competitive and made on a rolling basis.
- Submit CSU Graduate School Application online
- Visit gradadmissions.colostate.edu/apply to start your application.
- Under "Select an application type," choose the term that you are applying to.
- Under "Program," choose Business Administration/Global, Social & Sustainable Enterprise (M.B.A.)
- Request/upload application materials directly to your online application and then submit.
- Official transcripts
Original and official transcripts must be received from each institution you attended, including the institution from which you received your degree. Institutions may mail or email transcripts directly to the address below. If you already have sealed, official copies of your transcripts, you may mail those directly to us. (Student copies are not accepted.)
International applicants: You must submit one set of official transcripts and a degree statement with a certified translation into English from each college or university attended, or notarized/certified copies if you can't get originals. Documents must show courses and final examinations taken, marks received for each year, and degree or diploma received. These must be mailed to us.
Mail transcripts to:
Colorado State University, Office of Admissions
1062 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062
- Academic performance explanation (if GPA is below 3.0)
If your most recent degree (undergraduate or graduate) cumulative GPA is below 3.0, explain the circumstances relating to your past academic performance on your online application.
- Three professional recommendations
Recommendations provide insight into your skills and expertise in the professional environment and areas where a graduate degree can help you improve. Three professional recommendations are required. You will provide your recommenders' information on the online application. CSU will contact them and give them a link to a secure form they will submit on your behalf.
- GMAT or GRE
- English language proficiency test (if needed)
International applicants must complete the TOEFL or IELTS or PTE if the official language of your country is not English or if you did not earn your undergraduate or graduate degree from a U.S.-accredited institution. Test scores must be submitted directly to Colorado State University (school code 4075) from the testing centers. See eligibility section for more information.
- Statement of purpose
A statement of purpose is a summary of long-term professional or personal goals and is required for all applicants. You will upload this document to your online application.
Part 1: In your statement, please include a cover letter addressing 1) why you chose our program, 2) what you hope to do with the knowledge and skills learned, and 3) what value you bring to the program.
Part 2: Please write a formal essay no longer than 1,000 words (approximately two-three pages) addressing one of the following topics:
- What do you believe is the most important global challenge, and what is your personal vision for approaching it (including some first steps for taking action)?
- What life-changing event or experience caused you to become interested in the field of social and sustainable enterprise?
- Some entrepreneurs are possessed by an idea. Does that describe you? What is your “big idea,” and how do you plan to implement it?
- Current résumé
Describe the responsibilities of your professional experience and what you accomplished while in those positions; show the length of time for each position (including the month and year). International applicants, please provide the city, state, and country for your employment and academic history. You will upload this document to your online application.
- Pay the application fee
Use a credit card to pay your application fee ($60 for domestic applicants, $70 for international applicants).
- Submit the online applicant data sheet
Use your CSU ID number to complete and submit the College of Business applicant data sheet. After you submit your application online, you will receive a CSU ID number in approximately two to three days, unless you already have one (alumni and current students).
- Check your status
We know you are eager to hear about your application status, so you can check it any time to make sure your application is complete or to keep an eye on updates. You will receive a confirmation email once your application is complete.