Demystifying Financial Information and Informed Decision-Making
Registration is closed. Please submit the contact form for upcoming course dates.
Demystifying Financial Information and Informed Decision- Making teaches non-ﬁnancial business executives and professionals to use ﬁnancial information to make strategic contributions to their organizations. No matter what functional background you have, you’ll learn concepts around ﬁnance in a straightforward, easy-to-grasp manner, enabling you to use ﬁnancial instruments to add value when your company makes growth and strategic allocation decisions.
Meet Your Instructor: Dr. Frank Smith
Frank Smith received his BSE from the Air Force Academy, MBA from Chapman University and Ph.D. from Texas Tech University. His research includes Exchange Traded Funds, Market Valuation, Market Efficiency and Options Financial Modeling. Frank has published sixteen articles in seven years as a professor. They include topics ranging from ﬁnancial distress and bankruptcy to the efficiency of exchange traded funds versus mutual funds. He has won three separate awards both for teaching and research.
Having started and owned his own business, Frank brings real-world experience into the classroom. He has also performed consulting work for both regional banks and nationally recognized nonproﬁt organizations. He is proud of his two CFA Global Investment Challenge MidSouth Regional winning teams as well as the ﬁrst- place award for the hybrid division for the student managed fund he developed and ran at his previous school. He is a husband and father of two, and enjoys road biking, golf and spending time with his family.
- Understand financial terminology and significance
- Master the names and uses of various financial statements
- Become confident with decision-making based on financial information
- Learn calculations fundamental to business success
- Read, interpret and appropriately respond to critical financial information
- Make smarter decisions that deliver higher profitability
- Understand financial risk analysis
- Understand financial competence and career promotability