Nick Roberts is an Associate Professor of Computer Information Systems at Colorado State University. His research focuses on understanding whether, when, and how information technology affects value creation within and across organizations. A certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Nick teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in IT project management. He received his Ph.D. from Clemson University. Nick lives in Fort Collins, where he enjoys exploring the Rocky Mountains with his beautiful wife, son, daughter, and Jeep Wrangler JK.
CIS 320 - Project Management for Information Systems
CIS 600 - Information Technology and Project Management
Google Scholar Profile
- Wright, R., Roberts, N., and Wilson, D. “The Role of Context in IT Assimilation: A Multi-Method Study of a SaaS Platform in the US Nonprofit Sector,” forthcoming in European Journal of Information Systems.
- Roberts, N., Gerow, J., Jeyaraj, A., and Roberts, S. “A Meta-Analysis of Organizational Learning and IT Assimilation,” forthcoming in The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems.
- Keen, S., and Roberts, N. (2017) “Preliminary Evidence for the Use and Efficacy of Mobile Health Applications in Managing Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms,” Health Systems, 6(2), 122-129.
- Roberts, N., Campbell, D., and Vijayasarathy, L. (2016) “Using Information Systems to Sense Opportunities for Innovation: Integrating Post-Adoptive IS Use Behaviors with the Dynamic Managerial Capability Perspective,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 33(1), 45-69.
- Roberts, N., Mellott, M., Dinger, M., and Campbell, D. (2016) “Electronic Medical Record System Avoidance in a Turbulent Environment,” Information & Management, 53(5), 581-590.
- Roberts, N., and Dinger, M. (2016) “The Impact of Virtual Customer Community Interactivity on Organizational Innovation: An Absorptive Capacity Perspective,” IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 59(2), 110-125.
- Roberts, N. (2015) “Absorptive Capacity, Organizational Antecedents, and Environmental Dynamism,” Journal of Business Research, 68(11), 2426-2433.
- Duan, C., Grover, V., Roberts, N., and Balakrishnan, J. (2014) “Firm Valuation Effects of the Decision to Adopt Relationally Governed Business Process Outsourcing Arrangements,” International Journal of Production Research, 52(15), 4673-4694.
- Mellott, M., Thatcher, J., and Roberts, N. (2013) “Electronic Medical Record Compliance and Continuity in Delivery of Care: An Empirical Investigation in a Combat Environment,” Health Systems, 2(3), 147-161.
- Roberts, N., Galluch, P., Dinger, M., and Grover, V. (2012) “Absorptive Capacity and Information Systems Research: Review, Synthesis, and Directions for Future Research,” MIS Quarterly, 36(2), 625-648.
- Roberts, N., and Grover, V. (2012) “Leveraging IT Infrastructure to Facilitate Competitive Activity via Customer Agility: An Empirical Investigation,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 28(4), 231-269.
- Roberts, N., and Grover, V. (2012) “Investigating Firm’s Customer Agility and Firm Performance: The Importance of Aligning Sense and Respond Capabilities,” Journal of Business Research, 65(5), 579-585.
- Polites, G., Roberts, N., and Thatcher, J. (2012) “Conceptualizing Models Using Multidimensional Constructs: A Review and Guidelines for their Use,” European Journal of Information Systems, 21(1), 22-48.
- Wright, R., Campbell, D., Thatcher, J., and Roberts, N. (2012) “Operationalizing Multidimensional Constructs in Structural Equation Modeling: Recommendations for IS Research,” Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 30(1), 367-412.
- Mellott, M., Thatcher, J., Roberts, N., and Carter, M. (2012) “An Examination of the Role of Military Medical Chief Information Officer,” Military Medicine, 177(7), 850-855.
- Thatcher, J., McKnight, H., Arsal, R., Baker, E., and Roberts, N. (2011) “The Role of Trust in Post-Adoption IT Exploration: An Empirical Examination of Knowledge Management Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 58(1), 56-70.
- Mellott, M., Thatcher, J., and Roberts, N. (2011) “An Examination of the Deployed Inpatient Electronic Medical Record,” The AAMA (American Academy of Medical Administrators) Executive Online, September/October.
- Gerow, J., Grover, V., Roberts, N., and Thatcher, J. (2010) “The Diffusion of Second Generation Statistical Techniques in Information Systems Research from 1990-2008,” Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application, 11(4), 5-28.
- Bhatt, G., Emdad, A., Roberts, N., and Grover, V. (2010) “Building and Leveraging Information in Dynamic Markets: The Role of IT Infrastructure Flexibility as Enabler of Organizational Responsiveness and Competitive Advantage,” Information & Management, 47(7-8), 341-349.
- Roberts, N., Thatcher, J., and Grover, V. (2010) “Advancing Operations Management Theory Using Exploratory Structural Equation Modelling Techniques,” International Journal of Production Research, 48(15), 4329-4353.
- Roberts, N., and Thatcher, J. (2009) “Conceptualizing and Testing Formative Constructs: Tutorial and Annotated Example,” The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, 40(3), 9-39.