ROLE OF CLINICAL PROFESSOR OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP:
• Clinical Professor in the Colorado State University College of Business teaching Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation.
• Research entrepreneurship topics focusing on entrepreneurial exit, small business M&A, and signaling during the business lifecycle. Research has been published in journals such as Business Horizons, Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, and the Value Examiner.
• Co-creator and co-instructor of Pivot Jumpstart, a workshop series designed to help business owners develop new paths forward for their businesses.
• Serves as a mentor for Carnegie Mellon University's Swartz Center for Entrepreneurship (www.cmu.edu/swartz-center-for-entrepreneurship/get-involved/mentor/mentors-bio-pages/krukowski.html) being actively involved in judging the McGinnis Venture Competition for over the past 10+ years.
• Previously an instructor at Kent State University prior to joining CSU.
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE RELATED TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP, VALUATION, AND VALUE CREATION:
• Founded multiple businesses and continue to be a trusted adviser consulting companies in strategy and value creation.
• Received industry certifications that include the ASA (Accredited Senior Appraiser) in Machinery & Technical Specialties from the American Society of Appraisers, CVA (Certified Valuation Analyst) from the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts, CBI (Certified Business Intermediary) from the International Business Brokers Association, and CEPA (Certified Exit Planning Advisor) from the Exit Planning Institute.
• Provided expert witness testimony for multi-million dollar litigation cases related to valuation involving Fortune 100 companies as well as state governments.
• Recognized by the Business Brokerage Press as an industry expert for selling manufacturing companies.
• Founded the valuation firms Equipment Appraisal Services (www.EquipmentAppraisal.com) and Business Valuation Specialists (www.BusinessValuations.net) which were both acquired in 2018. Both firms continue to help lenders, attorneys, and business owners make informed decisions related to valuation.
• Clients typically included government agencies, privately-held and public companies, lenders, and insurance companies. Niche clientele also included celebrities and the television show, American Pickers.
• Previously founded business advisory/brokerage firm which specialized in small business M&A transactions which was acquired in 2011.
• Prior to becoming an entrepreneur, worked for General Motors and Delphi Corporation in supply chain management (global purchasing, quality assurance, production control/logistics, and lean/value stream mapping).
• PhD from Oklahoma State University (research in the area of entrepreneurship)
• MBA from Carnegie Mellon University (concentrations in entrepreneurship, management of information systems, and production and operations management)
• Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering from YSU