John Elder is Professor of Finance at Colorado State University. Information on my research can be found at Google scholar. I received my Ph.D. from the University of Virginia and also hold two professional designations, the CFA charter and FRM designation. I serve in editorial roles at Journal of Economics and Finance and Empirical Economics, and formerly Associate Editor at Journal of Financial Research; and have worked with investment managers, credentialing organizations and others for over 20 years.
I have also served in administrative positions, including Department Chair and Associate Dean at various institutions; and have recieved awards for teaching, service and research.
- Corporate Governance and Liquidity, (with Kee Chung and JC Kim),
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis April 2010.
- Liquidity and Information Flow Around Monetary Policy Announcements (with Kee Chung and J.C. Kim),
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 2013.
- Oil Price Uncertainty (with A. Serletis),
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 2010.
- Flexible Bivariate Count Data Regression Models (with Shif Gurmu),
Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 2012.
- Impact of Macroeconomic News on Metal Futures (with H. Miao and S. Ramchander),
Journal of Banking and Finance, 2012.
- Another Perspective on the Effects of Inflation Uncertainty,
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 2004.