How to improve efficiency and effectiveness
When: April 7, April 21, May 5, May 19, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. each day
Registration: Online by March 23, course number BSLL 3031
Where: CSU College of Business, Rockwell West, Fort Collins, Colorado
Program Fee: $3,000, or $2,550 if you register before Feb. 23. Contact us for group or alumni discounts.
Includes: All instruction, continental breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks, and course materials
Instructors: Susan Golicic, Ph.D.; Steve Medland, M.B.A.; John R. Macdonald, Ph.D.; Paul Vanderspek, M.B.A.
What You'll Learn
A company’s ability to deliver its goods or services efficiently, effectively and proficiently plays an important role in its success. Knowing how to manage the supply chain, from forecasting and inventory to the production process and strategic sourcing, will ensure demand is met, customers are satisfied, and the company is meeting or exceeding its goals. This program will not only teach the basics of supply chain management but also help participants get ahead of the game in predicting and meeting future demand.
This certificate program covers managing the supply chain that plans, sources, makes, and delivers an organization’s goods and/or services, from suppliers of raw materials to the final customer. Instructors will deliver the course through a combination of lectures, discussion, simulation, case analysis, and company application exercises. Participation in all four days of the course are required to earn this certificate.
Who Should Attend
Professionals working in areas of supply chain, operations, logistics, sales forecasting, and process management; managers and other leaders who interact with supply chain dimensions, and cross-functional team managers.
Introduction to Supply Chain Management and Supply Management
Friday, April 7, 2017, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Learn the transformation process, systems view, dependent relationships, identifying elements of value, customer service and the evolution of and current trends in supply chain management.
- Examine strategic sourcing and supplier management practices
Friday, April 21, 2017, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Common methods of sales forecasting
- Ways to optimize processes for demand planning and sales forecasting
- Global planning and forecasting
- Scenario-based planning for successful integration of demand and supply
Friday, May 5, 2017, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Explore inventory management and the positioning and transport of all types of inventory in the supply chain.
- Examine production process, inventory management decisions, and constraint management
- Introduction to lean methods, process improvement, and quality tools including Six Sigma Process
Improvement and Inventory Management
Friday, May 19, 2017, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Inventory management and decisions including inventory strategies and optimization models
- Process choices and process improvement strategies for various operations and supply chains; compare various process and improvement options
Sign up online by March 23 using course number BSLL 3031.
For more information, please contact College of Business executive programs by calling (970) 491-4331 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.