You’re ready to learn more and do more. Challenge yourself to keep learning with one of our graduate certificates.
You might choose to pursue a certificate when you want to enhance your skills with credentials in business-specific areas. The College of Business offers six online, for-credit, graduate-level certificates that will be included on your transcript. Certificate courses may be taken as standalone professional development, combined to earn a certificate, or used to complete degree program coursework.
Combine three graduate-level courses to increase your expertise and marketability with the accounting ethics and auditing certificate. Study accounting ethics, forensic accounting, fraud auditing, and leading best practice information technologies used in organizational accounting systems worldwide – all while preparing for CPA licensure in Colorado.
The applied finance certificate is designed for individuals who have a professional or personal interest in gaining a broader knowledge in advanced corporate finance, international finance, and financial institutions and credit markets. This certificate is an ideal complement to MBA degree programs or for students seeking to establish finance as an area of specialty.
The business information systems certificate helps students acquire the knowledge and skills in project management, business intelligence and IT management. This certificate benefits the non-technical professional who wants to understand the technical environment better, function as part of a technical team or to begin pursuing a Master of Computer Information Systems.
Business intelligence involves harnessing vast data stores to solve problems, enhance decision-making and discover new opportunities. This business intelligence certificate combines business intelligence with applied data mining and analytics to optimize, forecast, detect, predict, classify and discover new ways of using data to make a business more productive and efficient.
The certificate in IT project management includes a deep understanding of the 10 knowledge areas and the 42 grouped processes required by the Project Management Institute®, as well as information technology management courses, agile project management training, and other special IT topics. Completion of this certificate also prepares the recipient to sit for the PMP® Certification or the CAP-M® Certification exam.
The marketing management certificate provides students with a foundation in marketing and the opportunity to acquire additional understanding of marketing topics. Courses allow students to develop deeper knowledge in areas of interest, including sales management, consumer behavior, services marketing, and market research. The program benefits current MBA students as well as business professionals seeking to gain additional marketing knowledge.
When you're ready to apply for a College of Business graduate certificate, we're here to help. We want your application process to be smooth and successful, so please reach out to us.
Graduate certificate applicants generally must meet or exceed the following criteria:1
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year institution in any field
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher from your most recent degree completed2
- International applicants: minimum TOEFL or IELTS scores3
1. While we encourage our students to meet the minimum criteria, failure to meet one may be offset by strengths in other areas, as determined by the Graduate Program Committee.
2. Please submit an academic performance explanation if your GPA was lower than 3.0.
2. A minimum Internet-based TOEFL score of 86 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a minimum of PTE score of 58 is required for all certificates except Accounting Ethics and Auditing, which requires a minimum Internet-based TOEFL score of 95 or minimum IELTS score of 7.0.
For fall admission:
For spring admission:
The time it takes to complete the application process mostly depends on how long it takes you to gather your materials. Completing your portion quickly will allow us to give you a decision sooner. The information below should help you with the application process, but please contact us if you have any questions.
The application deadline is Aug. 1 for fall term and Jan. 1 for spring term.
- Submit CSU Graduate School Application online
- Visit gradadmissions.colostate.edu/apply to start your application.
- Under "Select an application type," choose the term (fall, spring) that you are applying to. Some certificates have a preferred start term; please contact us for details.
- Under "Program," choose the appropriate certificate (online or on campus). Only choose on campus if you are already enrolled in an on-campus degree program. If you are a new applicant or current online student, please select the appropriate online certificate.
- Request/upload application materials directly to your online application and then submit. Please include your full name on all documents.
As soon as you have completed the required information, please submit your application. You do not need to wait for scores or transcripts to move your application forward.
- Official transcripts
Original and official transcripts must be received from the institution from which you received your degree. Institutions may mail or email transcripts directly to the address below. If you already have sealed, official copies of your transcripts, you may mail those directly to us. (Student copies are not accepted.)
International applicants: You must submit one set of official transcripts and a degree statement with a certified translation into English from each college or university attended, or notarized/certified copies if you can't get originals. Documents must show courses and final examinations taken, marks received for each year, and degree or diploma received. These must be mailed to us.
Mail transcripts to:
Colorado State University, Office of Admissions
1062 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062
- Academic performance explanation (if GPA is below 3.0)
- English language proficiency test (if needed)
International applicants must complete the TOEFL or IELTS if the official language of your country is not English or if you did not earn your undergraduate or graduate degree from a U.S.-accredited institution. Test scores must be submitted directly to Colorado State University (school code 4075) from the testing centers. See eligibility section for more information.
- Pay the application fee
Use a credit card to pay your $60 application fee.
- Check your status
We know you are eager to hear about your application status, so you can check it any time to make sure your application is complete or to keep an eye on updates. You will receive a confirmation email once your application is complete.
Graduate Program Admissions